FORNITE info for parents
Dear Parents/Carers it is important that you have awareness of the video game "FORTNITE" , that your child might be engaged in during the holidays. Here are some handy tips about this game.
- Fortnite's PEGI age rating is 12 ( = appropriate age, NOT skill level).
- Games don't go on for hours, but average 20-30 minutes. So if your child says they need hours and hours, they're wrong...
- One of the best ways to keep children safe on games is to know what they are doing, so if you allow it, get them to play near you with the sound on (no headphones so you can hear the other players' comments)
- When you start, there's a 'Privacy' button - choose between Public (anyone in the world) / Friends / Private (invite only). It's easy to change. Make sure you have made the decision.
- The game is free, but there are lots of in-app purchases. Is your credit card attached to the account/device? It is worth checking if your child could buy the In-app packs at a click. You can check by clicking on a cheap one to see if there is a payment method attached.
For more info, please see link below