Functional Skills ICT
Key stage 3/4
Level 1 and Level 2
Functional Skills at level 1 and Level 2 aims to ensure that each individual is confident and capable when using ICT systems and tools, such as being able to find out and select information, able to develop, present and communicate information in both life and work.
Level 1 and Level 2 are stand-alone qualifications for Key Stage 3&4 and post 16.
Key Stage 3
The following topics will be taught in Key stage 3
- Interact with the use of ICT systems
- Manage information storage
- Follow and demonstrate understanding of the need for safety and security practices
- Finding and selecting information
- Use search techniques to locate and select information
- Select a variety of ICT sources for a straightforward task.
Key stage 4:
The following topics will be taught in Key stage 4
- Plan solutions to complex tasks by analysing the necessary stages
- Manage information storage to enable efficient retrieval
- Use appropriate search techniques to locate and select relevant information
- Select information rom a variety of sources tomeet requirements of a complex task
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Title: Functional Skills level 1&2
Outline of Course:
Link to further information
For more information please follow this link: